Click to Home
Your GovernmentOur CommunityCome VisitConnect With Corsicana
Go To Search
Weather Sunny ┬░
Permit Process
Who Can Pull a Permit
Licensed contractors may pull permits upon registering with the city. All work must be done by a licensed contractor who is registered with the city, otherwise, homeowners may pull a homestead permit if planning to do the work themselves.

Contractor Registration
All contractors and subcontractors must be registered with the city before pulling a permit. The registration fee is $110 for the first year and $55 for each year following. A copy of a photo ID, proof of insurance, and a copy of any applicable licenses must be submitted with the Contractor Registration Application.   

Building Permits
A permit is required to build, alter, enlarge, or repair any residential or commercial structure within the city limits. All building permit applications are reviewed by the building inspector and the Planning and Zoning Department.

Commercial building permit applications are also reviewed by the Fire Department, Engineering Department, Environmental Services Department, and in some cases the Health Department.

Other Permits
The following projects also require a permit:
  • Accessory building
  • Demolition
  • Drive approach
  • Fence
  • Irrigation system
  • Sign
  • Structure moving

Permit Fees
Commercial and residential building permit fees vary based on the valuation of the job. A fee schedule can be found in Chapter 13 of the City Code of Ordinances.

After the permit has been issued, inspections are made based on the type of the project and the scope of work done. It is the responsibility of the permit holder to schedule the necessary inspections. Call 903-654-4870 to set up an inspection Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Typically inspections called in before 3 p.m. can be made the on same day.