The Corsicana Fire Department is committed to serving the community with integrity and professionalism. All applicants seeking an entry-level position must successfully complete the written Civil Service Entrance Examination, which is conducted as necessary to maintain a hiring eligibility list.
Exam & Deadline
- Next Exam: An Entry Level Examination for the Corsicana Fire Department will be held on March 19, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. at the Corsicana Public Library, 100 N 12th St, Corsicana, TX 75110
- Deadline to Apply: Deadline to apply is March 4, 2022, at 3:30 p.m.
LATERAL ENTRY PROGRAM FOR QUALIFIED APPLICANTS
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and have not reached your 36th birthday
- A high school diploma or a G.E.D.
- An applicant for Firefighter shall meet the following criteria to be considered for an entry level position: (1) certified or certifiable as a Structural Firefighter with Texas Commission on Fire Protection; OR (2) certified or certifiable as an EMT-Basic or EMT Paramedic with Texas Department of State Health Services. “Certifiable” means evidence of current enrollment in a training academy approved by Texas Commission on Fire Protection and/or current enrollment in a school curriculum for EMT-Basic or EMT-Paramedic with the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess certification in the following order:
- Must be "Dual Certified" as a Structural Firefighter by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection AND as an EMT-Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Must be Certified as an EMT-Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Must be Certified as a Structural Firefighter by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection and as an EMT-Basic by the Texas Department of State Health Services.
All City of Corsicana Firefighter employees must successfully pass the National Registry examination at the EMT Basic or EMT-Paramedic level upon completion of academy.
UPON SUBMITTAL OF APPLICATION PACKET AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION, YOU WILL BE EMAILED A PERSONAL HISTORY STATEMENT THAT YOU MUST BRING WITH YOU AND TURN IN ON TEST DAY.
Requirements for Application Process
- Written entrance examination (70% passing)
- Physical agility test
- Background investigation
- Physical (after job offer)
- Drug screen
- Polygraph test
- Birth certificate (certified copy)
- Naturalization papers if applicable
- High school diploma or GED and college transcript or certificates
- Evidence of certification of National Registry
- DD-214 (military release, if applicable) - Applicants with military service will have 5 points added to their written test score (with passing score of 70) provided they submit a DD-214 stating an "Honorable Discharge."
- Marriage license and/or divorce decree
- Signed release for information
|Position||Monthly Salary||Annual Salary|
|Recruit III Certified||$4,177||$50,127|
- Time and a half overtime pay or compensatory time for extra hours
- Educational and incentive pay
- Certification incentive pay
- Longevity pay
- Seniority pay
- Uniforms furnished
- Uniform maintenance allowance
- Retirement - Corsicana Fireman’s Relief and Retirement Fund
- Vacation - 15 days annually
- Holidays - 12 days annually
- Sick Leave - 15 days annually
- Personal Day - one day annually
- Health, Dental, and Life insurance - employee portion paid by city
- Employees Credit Union
- Excellent opportunity for advancement