The Corsicana Fire Department is committed to serving the community with integrity and professionalism. All applicants seeking an entry-level position must successfully complete the written Civil Service Entrance Examination, which is conducted as necessary to maintain a hiring eligibility list.
Exam & Deadline
- Next Exam: Saturday, March 30th, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.
- Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, March 20th, 2019 at 3:30 pm.
Minimum Qualifications for Firefighters or Paramedics are:
- U.S. citizen
- Between 18 and 36 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Applicant for Firefighter shall meet the following criteria to be considered for an entry level position. Preference may be given to applicants who possess certification in the following order:
1. Must be certified as a Structural Firefighter by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection AND must be certified as an EMT-Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services; OR
2. Must be certified as an EMT-Paramedic by the Texas Department of State Health Services; OR
3. Must be certified or certifiable as a Structural Firefighter by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection AND must be certified or certifiable as an EMT-Basic by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Applicants must have completed an academy for Structural Firefighter and have successfully completed the National Registry Examination at the EMT-Paramedic or EMT-Basic level prior to being offered employment with the Corsicana Fire Department.
- Must be able to pass the entry level written examination; physical ability test; thorough background investigation; polygraph; oral interview; physical (after job offer) and drug screen.
These required documents must be included with the application when received in the Civil Service Office. Faxed applications and requirements are also accepted.
- Pre-Employment Application (PDF)
- Evidence of certification with the Texas Commission on Fire Protection or evidence of current enrollment in a training academy approved by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection
- Evidence of certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services as an EMT-Paramedic or EMT-Basic or evidence of current enrollment in an EMT class approved by the Texas Department of State Health Services
Requirements for Application Process
- Written entrance examination (70% passing)
- Physical agility test
- Background investigation
- Physical (after job offer)
- Drug screen
- Polygraph test
- Birth certificate (certified copy)
- Naturalization papers if applicable
- High school diploma or GED and college transcript or certificates
- Evidence of certification of National Registry
- DD-214 (military release, if applicable) - Applicants with military service will have 5 points added to their written test score (with passing score of 70) provided they submit a DD-214 stating an "Honorable Discharge."
- Marriage license and/or divorce decree
- Signed release for information
|Position||Monthly Salary||Annual Salary|
|Recruit II Certified||$3,511||$42,127|
- Time and a half overtime pay or compensatory time for extra hours
- Educational and incentive pay
- Certification incentive pay
- Longevity pay
- Seniority pay
- Uniforms furnished
- Uniform maintenance allowance
- Retirement - Corsicana Fireman's Relief and Retirement Fund
- Vacation - 15 days annually
- Holidays - 12 days annually
- Sick Leave - 15 days annually
- Personal Day - one day annually
- Health, Dental, and Life insurance - employee portion paid by city
- Employees Credit Union
- Excellent opportunity for advancement