Corsicana is located just 50 miles southeast of downtown Dallas on Interstate Highway 45 (I-45), which connects the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex with the Greater Houston metro area.
While Corsicana and Navarro County welcome business and industry of all types, local leadership is strategically focused on fostering a diversified economic base.
Community efforts are particularly focused on attracting new and expanded opportunities in the following industry sectors (NOTE: click on links below for an summary of the comparative advantage of locating in Corsicana for each of these industry sectors):
- Automotive Supply Chain — Corsicana is located an hour from the General Motors assembly plant in Arlington and less than four hours from the Toyota assembly plant in San Antonio.
- Chemical Manufacturing — NALCO Champion and AllChem currently operate production facilities in Navarro County.
- Distribution & Warehousing — Kohl's, True Value, SMA, and United Pipe & Steel currently operate major distribution centers in Corsicana.
- Energy Generation — Navarro County has abundant water, two 345kW transmission lines that bisect county, and abundant natural gas supplies, as well as proximity to the Dallas-Fort Worth and Houston markets.
- Firearms Manufacturing — Corsicana is located in a pro-Second Amendment state with an excellent transportation infrastructure, in addition to being in the middle of several major consumer markets.
- Food & Beverage Production — Collin Street Bakery, Navarro Pecan Company, Russell Stover Candies and Pactiv currently have major production facilities in Corsicana.
- Mexico-Based Businesses — Corsicana is an ideal U.S. expansion location for Mexico-based manufacturing and service companies. We maintain an ambassador in Mexico City to provide assistance to Mexican businesses interested in expanding their operations to Corsicana, Texas.
- Oilfield Services — Corsicana is the birthplace of the Texas oil industry and is located between the Barnett Shale to the northwest, the Eagle Ford Shale to the south and the Haynesville/Bossier Shale to the east. Because of its central location to three major shale oil plays, Corsicana and Navarro County make an ideal site to locate oilfield service operations. EXXON Mobil Pipeline, Sunoco Logistics, Watkins Construction, NALCO Champion, Industrial Pipe Fittings, and Haynie Drilling currently operate facilities in Navarro County.
- Plastics & Rubber — Pactiv, Firestone Building Products, Cresline Pipe, and Industrial Pipe Fittings currently have production facilities in Navarro County.
- Primary Metal & Fabricated Metal — Oil City Iron Works, Morgan Corp., Greenbrier Rail Services, and Cargo Craft currently have facilities in Navarro County.
- Business Start Ups & Entrepreneurial — Corsicana is the birthplace of the Texas oil industry, with Magnolia Oil (now Mobil) getting its start here. In addition, Collin Street Bakery, Corsicana Bedding, Oil City Ironworks and Wolf Brand Chili each began in Corsicana. Begin your new venture in Corsicana Today!