The City of Corsicana built its first wastewater treatment plant around 1925. This plant was replaced in 1954 with the present wastewater treatment plant facility, which was upgraded and expanded in 1974, 1978, 1988, and again in 1991.
This plant is a composite design employing various physical, chemical, and biological processes arranged to remove the organic/inorganic pollutants from wastewater generated by residential, commercial, and industrial sources. The plant consists of pumping facilities, sedimentation units, two aeration basins, secondary clarifers, chlorination/de-chlorination facilities.
Ammonia Nitrogen - 2 milligrams per liter (mg/l)
BOD - 7 mg/l
TSS - 15 mg/l
Average Daily Flow: 2.5 million gallons per day (mgd)
Permitted Flow: 4.95 mgd
The wastewater treatment plant is currently staffed with nine employees.